Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Swimming pigs!!!




This is amazing! I never thought that pigs can actually swim. All my life I have seen pigs as lazy animals eating out anything every time. But a few months ago, I have seen how wonderful these creatures are. Not only are they very protective with their young but they are also very physically active. That is, they love swimming.

Yes, it is amazing and amusing. Haha! The pigs I have are the pot-belly type. Now, I wonder...can they ever swim the same way as these pigs do in the Bahamas?

There is only one way to know---TRY! Unfortunately, my backyard farm is too far from a river, sea or any form of water. And I can't imagine myself constructing a man-made lake just for them to have somewhere to swim in. Still, I think it is possible given the financial budget to do so. For now, my pigs are good because they have their own mini pool which I fill up with six pails of water whenever the weather is too hot.

And I think pigs that swim are hot! What I mean is, they are cool! That is because they can freely roam around and do whatever they want including swimming. What a great mechanism and adaptation to its immediate environment! Now, I can't seem to wait to see some Philippine native pigs having some fun in the water.

Personally, I think that this video  is such a nice way to promote tourism for the Bahamas or to any place with a variety of pigs or even wild boars. This could pose a good opportunity for the local people to venture into agri-tourism especially to places with pig farms especially in a tropical setting particularly here in the Philippines. 

Novelty as it may sound, but there is actually potential that this agri-tourism industry might become a boom. In this way, people get to be more aware of nature and agriculture in a different light. As a result, a certain connection between humans and Mother Earth is promoted to a certain extent which is a very good thing. Do you agree? 

Well, what about you, guys. Have you actually seen any pig swimming in deep water in real life?


No comments:

Post a Comment